June has turned out to be Bandy Family Month on my blog. My hope is that some close Bandy descendants find my posts and contact me to share more information, as the descendants of George and especially of Andrew are some of my husband’s closest cousins along this branch of the family tree.
The month is almost over and it’s a good thing I’ve run out of Bandy children!
Today’s post is about Patterson Bandy, the ninth child and fourth son of George and Celia (Sanders) Bandy, born 10 July 1846 and died 6 August 1914, Pike County, Ohio.
His two youngest sisters, Emiline and Margaret have no known descendants.
Patterson Bandy married Candace A. Rose on 28 October 1868, Gallia County, Ohio. Candace was born c1851, probably Gallia County, Ohio and died
1. Margaret Emma Estella, born 6 April 1870, Gallia County, Ohio; died 17 April 1939, Ross County, Ohio; married George Abner Sherrick, c1898. He was born 17 October 1877/79; died 18 October 1937, Pike County, Ohio. They were the parents of five children – Henry Franklin, Ethel, Amy Pulena, Calvin Chester and John Wesley.
2. Mary Hannah, born 1 February 1872, Lawrence County, Ohio; died after 1910; married (1) William Detillion, 13 February 1890, Pike County, Ohio. William was born 18 May 1864; died 18 March 1906, Lincoln County, Washington and was buried at the Poor Farm. Mary married (2) John H. Spenser, 21 July 1906, Pike County, Ohio. This marriage apparently had its ups and downs as she was living with her father and her children in Clark County, Ohio in 1910 while John was living with his four children by an earlier marriage in Pike County, Ohio. However, in 1930, Mary was living with John in Pike County. No children were at home by then. Mary Hannah was the mother of three Detellion children – Bessie Sarah, Myrta Mae and John Myron.
3. Andrew Franklin, born c1875; died 1940; married Stella Mae Butcher, c1898. She was born 12 July 1882; died 4 August 1950, Pike County, Ohio. They were the parents of nine children – Dora C., O.C. Della Ina, Mary E., Frank Andrew, Della Marie, Jacob Patterson, Ruth Isabella, Emmitt Eugene and Dwight Edward.
4. George Otis, born 1877; died 1962, Pike County, Ohio. He married (1) Myrtie M. Kreiger, 27 April 1899, Pike County, Ohio. She was born March 1883 and isn’t found after the 1900 census when she was at home with George and son Clarence. (2) Cora Bell Kuhn, c1907. Cora was born c1889; died 30 September 1964, Franklin County, Ohio. George had one son with Myrtie – Clarence. George and Cora were the parents of thirteen children – Mabel Lee, Woodrow William, Jess Willard, Leota, Raymond Theodore, John Ava, Hazel Maxine, Harlan Patterson, Grover Cyphs, Betty Ann and Irma Bell.
5. Patrick C., born 18 February 1881; died 19 March 1939, Wood County, Ohio; unmarried. No known descendants.
Whew! We have reached the end of the Bandy family sketches. There have to be hundreds of descendants of these lines out there today. If you are one of them, I would love to hear from you. 🙂