Next up of the grandchildren of Robert Wilson & Dolly Holmes is the family of Thomas Nash and their daughter, Silence Holmes Wilson.
Thomas Nash was born c1798 and Silence Holmes Wilson was born c1801, both in New Brunswick, Canada. They married shortly before 18 January 1823, when their marriage was announced in the Eastport (Maine) Sentinel.
They were the parents of six children, five of whom lived to adulthood and married:
- Thomas, born March 1825; died 25 February 1889, San Francisco, San Francisco, California; married (1) Mary Jane Parker, 17 February 1847 (2) Abigail Taylor, c1852. Thomas had one son, Wellington, who never married and one daughter, Mary Olynthia, who married Thomas Moffitt, and had one daughter, Millicent Lila, who never married. Therefore, there are no known descendants in this line.
- Hannah, born 7 September 1827; died 5 May 1879, Campobello Island; married (Jonathan) Freeman Babcock, 11 February 1845, Campobello Island. Freeman was a minister of the Free Will christian Baptist Church. They were the parents of twelve children – George Albert, John Middleton, Mary Ellen, Antoinette, Agnes C., Joel C., Henry G., Freeman W., James Leeman, Annie and Daniel Webster.
- Robert Fulton, born September 1830; died 27 February 1896, Campobello Island; married Hannah Cross, 18 November 1852, Campobello Island. This couple is in the 1861-1891 censuses of Canada and never have any children in the home. It appears there are no descendants in this line.
- Daniel, born c1838; died after the 1851 census; no further information. It appears there are no descendants in this line.
- Maria Ann, born c1844; reportedly married Jeremiah Mitchell, 7 February 1863, Eastport, Washington, Maine. However, although maria is found in the 1851 census, neither she nor Jeremiah Mitchell are found in any other records. There is also a death record at Northampton State Hospital for Ann A. Howland, born 1840, Eastport, Washington, Maine that names her parents as Thomas Nash and Silence Wilson. Husband is called James B. Howland and her place of burial is Lisbon, Grafton, New Hampshire. Yet, James B. Howland from Lisbon, New Hampshire is married to Alice Merrill in 1892 in New Hampshire. Did James and Ann divorce? Whether or not Maria Ann or Ann A., if they are one person or two, had any children is unknown. This line is quite a mystery!
- Ambey, born c1840; died 3 December 1923, Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts. He may have married someone before 1871, as there is Franklin, aged 4 years, living with Ambey and his parents in 1871. (1) Catherine McSherry, 3 December 1871 (2) Mary J. (MNU), c1875. This is another line with holes. It appears that Ambey had no surviving children.
From this research, it appears that all descendants of Thomas Nash and Silence Holmes Wilson are through their daughter, Hannah, who married Rev. (Jonathan) Freeman Babcock.
Thus ends the series about the grandchildren of Robert Wilson and Dolly Holmes. They have many, many descendants today.