John Hudnall Weeks was the son of Thomas Weeks and Nancy Hudnall, originally of Bedford County, Missouri, part of the sundry Williams descendants who eventually left Virginia and headed west. John was born 19 May 1834 in Bedford County, but moved to Montgomery County, Missouri about 1845, when he was 11 years old. He died 2 Sept 1920, in Callaway County, Missouri. John married Mary Douglas Cobbs Sisk. She was born 6 December 1833/35, Montgomery County, Missouri and died 23 July 1915, Callaway County, Missouri. Both are buried at Antioch Christian Church Cemetery in Readsville, Missouri.
John was a fairly well-to-do man, as in 1870, after the economic decline suffered by so many because Civil War losses, he was a farmer with land valued at $5000 and property at $600 in Nine Mile Prairie in Callaway County.
John and Mary suffered other losses, though, not related to the war, as they buried three of their six children, one infant and two toddlers, during a span of seven years. Two of their children, Susan and Houston, had children of their own and left descendants.
All vital record dates are for Callaway County, Missouri, unless stated otherwise.
- Stonewall Jackson, born 8 January 1864/5; died 2 December 1958, Montgomery County, Missouri. His death certificate said he was married. However, as of 1930, he was single and no marriage record has been found. If he did marry, it was late in life and it appears he had no children because Cecil Crump, his nephew, was the informant on the death certificate. The 1940 census lists him as single, with a 65 year old housekeeper named Cinderella Davis.
- Ewell Forest, born about 8 March 1868; died 20 April 1868. His gravestone gives his age as one month and 12 days.
- Susan, born 11 April 1869; died 26 March 1934; married Arthur Thompson Crump, 30 Apr 1891. Susan and Arthur had three children, two surviving – son, Cecil A., and daughter, Mary W.
- Erly, born 22 April 1871; died 29 October 1872, aged 1 year, 6 months, 7 days.
- Cora, born 14 Feb 1873; died 17 Dec 1875, aged 2 years, 9 months, 25 days, of diphtheria.
- Samuel Houston, born 3 December 1874; died 27 May 1952, at State Hospital #1; married Daisy Belle Garver, 23 October 1901. She was born 13 Oct 1877; died 29 Mar 1945. They had one daughter, Mary Garver, and one son, John Lewis.
I am always on the lookout for new cousins. If you are related, please leave a comment. Thanks.