This family is part of my one-place study of St. Dimitry’s Greek Catholic (today Byzantine Catholic) Church parish, serving Udol and Hajtovka, Slovakia, covering the years 1827-about 1920. I will be sharing family records, roughly once a week, until all families in the parish are posted. Be aware that ages at marriage and death frequently don’t match baptismal records, when found. If you have ancestors who lived in these two villages and would like to receive an invitation to a shared Dropbox folder, please leave a comment and I will contact you.
Gmitrisin, Anna, daughter of John, Ujak, born c1839, buried 8 January 1842, aged 3 years
Gmitrisin, John & Maria Adam, Ujak GC
- Anna, born c1810, married John Szadloch, born c1806, son of John Szadloch & Maria Gerak, 14 November 1831
Gmitrisin, John & Maria Kravecz, Ujak, GC, GC
- Catherine,born c1812, married John Vancso, born c1808, son of Nicholas Vancso & Maria Zido, 11 February 1833
- Helen, born c1815, married John Drabisin, born c1811, son of John Drabisin & Helen Kolyar, 22 November 1836
- Michael, born c1817, married Anna Csernyak,born c1821, daughter of Michael Csernyak & Maria Murczko, 13 February 1842
- Maria, born c1820, married John Veszelenyi, 8 November 1841. Mother not named in Maria’s marriage record.
Gmitrisin, John & Rosalia Kundrat (c1800-buried 1 March 1845), Ujak GC, GC
Rosalia, born 1800; was buried 1 March 1845, aged 45 years.
- Andrew, bp 1 September 1828
- George, bp 9 July 1831; buried 12 December 1832, aged 2 years
- George, bp 3 November 1834; buried 9 July 1847, aged 14 years
Gmitrisin, John & Anna Gerak, Ujak, GC, None
- Michael, bp 19 November 1836
Gmitrisin, John & Anna Lipnika, Ujak, GC, GC
- Maria, bp 17 March 1842
Gmitrisin, John & Anna Unknown, Ujak, GC, GC
- John, bp 27 October 1844; buried 19 May 1848, aged 3 years
Gmitrisin, John & Eva Csernyak, Ujak, GC
- John, bp 2 February 1846; buried 15 March 1849, aged 25 months
Gmitrisin, John, Ujak, born c1780, buried 1 April 1847, aged 60 years
Gmitrisin, Michael (c1821-buried 10 August 1847) & Anna Csernyak (c1821-1847+), married 13 February 1842, Ujak, GC, GC
Michael may be Michael, Ujak, buried 10 August 1847, aged 26 years.
- Michael, bp 30 April 1843
- Michael, bp 24 October 1847
Gmitrisin, Michael, son of John, Ujak, born c1831, buried 10 July 1847, aged 16 years
Gmitrisin, Michael, son of John, Ujak, born c1838, buried 11 July 1847, aged 9 years
Gmitrov, Nacza, Maly Lipnik, buried 11 December 1854, aged 40 years
This is a very small family with a surname that became extinct there in the mid 1800s. However, it is also a name in my own family tree. On 2 July, look for an expanded post about this family.