Today, we have the family sketch of the youngest child of Joseph Michael Nation and his wife, Annie Riddle.
Alice Tilda Nation was born between 1872-1875, probably in Cumberland County, Kentucky. She died at a young age, possibly giving birth to her sixth child c1901 or a later child that didn’t survive.
She married Matthew Winborn Mathis on 10 January 1891, Overton County, Tennessee. He was born on 4 December 1866, Fentress County, Tennessee and died on 9 August 1944 in Robertson County, Tennessee. Matthew never remarried after Alice’s death.
1. Emma J., born January 1892, Overton County, Tennessee. It appears Emma never married. She was at home with her widowed father in 1930 and may be the same person who sailed from LeHavre, France to New York in October 1938. No further information.
2. Em, born May 1894; no further record. He is NOT F. Elmer, who married in 1907 and is linked to hints online.
3. Anna Lou, born December 1896; married William McKinley Harvey, 10 December 1913, Clay County, Tennessee. She may be the Anna who died in 1978 an dis buried with William in Warren County, Tennessee. However, the gravestone says Anna L. and gives a birth date of 14 April 1895. They were the parents of six children.
4. William McKinley, born 7 October 1896/97, Clay County, Tennessee; died 1968. He is buried at Fellowship Cemetery, Overton County, Tennessee. There is no indication that he married.
5. Rosetta, born 17 September 1899, Clay County, Tennessee; died 8 April 1958, Clay County, Tennessee; married Charlie D. Dulworth, 17 July 1918, Clay County, Tennessee. He was born 14 March 1893; died 6 April 1979. They had nine children.
6. Martha Bertina, born 31 December 1901, probably Overton County, Tennessee; died 28 December 1986, Muhlenberg County, Kentucky, but buried Logan County, Kentucky; married Bud Morrow, 6 October 1929, Overton County, Tennessee. They were the parents of two daughters.
There are descendants of Alice and Matthew through their daughters, Anna, Rosetta and Martha.
This concludes the family sketches of the grandchildren of Joseph Michael Nation and his wife, Annie Riddle.
I would love to make contact with family members of any of the branches in this line.