NOTE: This will be the last generation of descendants that I will post online, as even this generation is quite big. Also, there are a number of living descendants among the 3X great grandchildren of Loyalists John Adams and wife Sarah Coley. For those families in which there are living children, their names will not be included in the family sketch.
There are many descendants for whom I can find no further information, especially with more stringent privacy laws in Canada. If it is possible that a “lost” person might be living, that information will also be omitted from the family sketch.
These family sketches will be posted in groups organized under each of the children of John and Sarah (Coley) Adams based on the birth order of those children.
Today’s sketches cover the descendants of Frances Matilda Adams and her husband, George W. Thomas.
This couple has many fewer descendants than most of Jonathan’s other children.
Edith Amanda Boyer (Grace Thomas4, Frances Matilda3, Jonathan2, John1) was born 23 August 1876, St. Andrews, Charlote, New Brunswick, Canada; died 12 February 1917, Newburyport, Essex, Massachusetts; married Frederick Charles Tedford, 16 July 1902, York, New Brunswick, Canada.
Children of Frederick Charles and Edith Amanda (Boyer) Tedford:
- Charles Henry, born 6 May 1903, Haverhill, Essex, Massachusetts; died 27 February 1974, Massachusetts; married Jean Elizabeth Vaughan, 20 August 1932, Richmond, Virginia
- Edward Boyer, born 6 January 1907, Newburyport, Essex, Massachusetts; died 12 January 1974, Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts; married Helen Hayden Webber, 3 September 1930, Gloucester, Essex, Massachusetts
- Harriet Shaw, born 8 December 1910, Newburyport, Essex, Massachusetts; died after 1940 when she lived in Winchester, Middlesex, Massachusetts, unmarried
- Robert Capers, born 12 July 1912, Newburyport, Essex, Massachusetts; died 14 June 1960, Lexington, Middlesex, Massachusetts; married Elsa Bertha Seymour, 19 September 1937, Portsmouth, Rockingham, New Hampshire
- Paul Clark, born 5 September 1915, Newburyport, Essex, Massachusetts; died 20 June 1986, Amesbury, Essex, Massachusetts; married (1) Aida Underwood, 3 April 1937, La Crosse, La Crosse, Wisconsin AND (2) Aida Underwood, 1955, Newburyport, Essex, Massachusetts. Paul and Aida divorced. (3) Mary Natalie Griskiewicz Hanley, 27 May 1971, Falls Church, Fairfax, Virginia; widowed
George William Henry Thomas (Henry Allen Thomas4, Frances Matilda3, Jonathan2, John1) was born 8 October 1874, St. John, New Brunswick, Canada; died 28 March 1912, Fredericton Junction, York, New Brunswick, Canada; married Ina Bessie Nugent, 19 July 1911, York, New Brunswick, Canada.
Child of George William Henry and Ina Bessie (Nugent) Thomas:
- Georgia “Georgie” Allen, born 3 April 1912, Sunbury, New Brunswick, Canada; died 17 March 2002, Walnut Creek, Contra Costa, California; married Charles Edward Moore, 28 July 1951, Ogunquit, York, Maine (2) James A. Phair, 1 October 1983, Los Angeles County, California. She had no children.
Four of the children of Fred and Edith Tedford married and had children – all except daughter Harriet Shaw, born in 1910 and who appears in census records through 1940.
Harriet was a student at Boston University in 1934 and is enumerated as a librarian in the 1940 census.
Many online trees have her dying in March 1945, but the record – an obituary – is from Chicago, Cook, Illinois and pertains to a Harriet Telford born in 1886 in Ontario, Canada.
Other online trees give a death date of 13 January 1945, but no place or source is cited.
Harriet Shaw Tedford may have married outside of Massachusetts and is, for now, lost to time. Or, she may have died unmarried before 1950.
Next will be 3X great grandchildren of Loyalist John Adams and wife Sarah Coley through their daughter, Sophia, who married Solomon Sewell.