From my personal postcard collection
Here are some 4th of July trivia questions for you:
1. Who was the only delegate to sign the Declaration of Independence on 4 July 1776?
2. The oldest American fireworks display dates back to 1785. Where is this display still held today?
3. Who was the first U.S. President to host a 4th of July celebration at the White House?
4. Which three U.S. presidents died on the 4th of July?
5. Who is the one U.S. president born on the 4th of July?
6. Which was the first state to recognize the 4th of July as a day of celebration?
7. Where did the first 4th of July fireworks display take place and when?
8. When did the 4th of July become a national holiday?
9. About how many fireworks displays take place across the country on Independence Day?
10. Only two signers of the Declaration of Independence went on to become President of the United States. Who were they?
Answers are below.
1. John Hancock
2. Bristol, Rhode Island
3. Thomas Jefferson
4. John Adams, Thomas Jefferson and James Monroe
5. Calvin Coolidge, in 1872
6. Massachusetts, in 1781
7. Philadelphia, in 1777
9. Over 14,000 shows
10. Thomas Jefferson and John Adams