The last of the posts about the confusing Poteet family will cover Peter Poteet and his wife, Rebecca. Her maiden name is unknown, but there are some suggestions that it might be Bond. Perhaps future research might prove it true or not.
The family of Peter and Rebecca Poteet is more clearly defined than many of the other Poteets. That’s because Peter helpfully left a will, written on 5 October 1733 and proved on 2 April 1740.
Peter was likely in his 60s when he died, born around 1680. I have not located an image of his will, but abstracts name his children.
Rebecca reportedly died c1758, probably Baltimore County, Maryland.
1. Lewis, born c1700; died after 1750, when he owned land
2. Catherine, born c1702; married Thomas Miles, by 18 August 1719
3. Rebecca, born c1704; married Thomas Foy, by 18 January 1726
4. Ann, born c1706; married Abraham Whitaker, c1725 (2) William Pike, before 7 September 1741, probably Baltimore County, Maryland
5. Sarah, married James Preston, 1733
6. Mary, married Mr. Clark or Chalk
Thus ends the saga of the Poteet family – at least until I find new documented tidbits that helps sort them all out.