Flade, Hjorring, Denmark appears to have been the longtime home to my Bruun family.
NOTE: All events took place in Flade, unless stated otherwise.
Thomas Madsen Bruun was baptized 17 September 1783. He was the son of Mads Thomsen Bruun and Marie Sophie Sorensdatter.
Thomas married Margrethe Nielsdatter on 22 October 1808.
Margrethe Nielsdatter was baptized on 25 May 1783 and was the daughter of Niels Pedersen Nipper and Maren Larsdatter.
Oddly, I haven’t found much of anything about this family aside from the baptismal records.
1. Niels Thomsen, baptized 22 January 1809; died 1845-1847; married Ane Amalie Christensdatter Moller, 1 November 1842
2. Mads Christian, baptized 13 January 1811; married Karen Marie Jensdatter, c1834. They had one known son, Jens Christian, born 1836. This family has not been found in the 1850 census. Mads might have died before then with Karen remarrying and Jense being enumerated under his stepfather’s name.
3. Peder, baptized 19 April 1813
4. Maren, baptized 9 October 1814
5. Jens, baptized 17 August 1817; died 4 January 1855
6. Catrine Petrine, baptized 22 March 1819
7. Johanne Marie, baptized 30 March 1825
I can take the Bruun family back one more generation:
Mads Thomsen Bruun was baptized 5 June 1747, Raabjerg, Hjorring, Denmark and died 1 January 1817 in Flade. He was the son of Thomas Christensen Bruun and Ane Nielsdatter. Mads married Marie Sophie Sorensdatter on 11 December 1782, also in Flade. Marie Sophie was baptized on 25 November 1753, Flade and was the daughter of Soren Ammorsen.
The family information was found in the 1801 census of Denmark found on arkivalieronline.dk
- Thomas Madsen Bruun, baptized 17 September 1783; died 15 December 1835. He married Margrethe Nielsdatter on 22 October 1808. All events took place in Flade.
- Soren, baptized 20 January 1788, Flade; died after 1801
- Jens, born 1791; died after 1801
- Anders, baptized 2 December 1792, Flade; died after 1801
- Ane Marie, baptized 10 February 1799, Flade; died after 1801
I would love to make contact with Bruun family descendants. Margrethe and Frits Jensen, who became Johnson, were the immigrant generation and settled in Fort Fairfield and Calais, Maine.
My grandmother, Hazel, knew Frits, her grandfather, but Margrethe died 11 years before Hazel was born.
My line of descent:
1. Thomas Christensen Bruun = Anne Nielsdatter
2. Mads Thomsen Bruun = Marie Sophie Sorensdatter
3. Thomas Madsen Bruun = Margrethe Nielsdatter
4. Niels Thomsen Bruun = Ane amalie Christensdatter Moller
5. Margrethe Bruun = Frits Wille Oscar Emil Jensen
6. Anna Elisabeth Jensen = Hartwell Thomas Coleman
7. Hazel Ethel Coleman = Vernon Tarbox Adams
8. Doris Priscilla Adams = George Michael Sabo
9. Linda Anne Sabo Stufflebean – Me!