It’s Saturday once again and, with Easter tomorrow, I am actually posting SNGF on Saturday – unusual for me!
1) What day of the week was your Grandfather born (either one)? Tell us how you found out.
2) What has happened in recorded history on your Grandfather’s birth date (day and month)? Tell us how you found out, and list five events.
3) What famous people have been born on your Grandfather’s birth date? Tell us how you found out, and list five of them.
This looks like a first birthday photo, so taken about 3 May 1900
(1) I chose my maternal grandfather, Vernon Tarbox Adams, as he is the only one I knew. He was born on 3 May 1899 in Calais, Washington, Maine, which was a Wednesday. I just googled “day of the week 3 May 1899” to find that out.
(2) It doesn’t seem like much was happening in the world on 3 May 1899. The Ferencvárosi TC Association football club was founded in Budapest. I again googled, but in spite of checking a number of hits, this is the only event that came up on the day Grandfather was born.
(3) Machiavelli, the Italian philosopher, was born on 3 May, but a few years before my grandfather – in 1469! Others who share May 3rd as their birthday include Frankie Valli of the Four Seasons, singer James Brown, Bing Crosby and Golda Meir. Once again, Google was my friend and I entered “famous birthday May 3” to find this list.
Thank you, Randy, for this week’s challenge. I always look forward to it. 🙂