Joseph and Mary (MNU) Grafton are two of my 10X great grandparents and are another two of my early New England immigrant ancestors.
Joseph Grafton was born c1596 in England and married Mary Moore by 1622, in England. She was born c1601, England, and died in November 1674, Salem, Essex, Massachusetts. The young Grafton family settled in Salem by 1636 and most of the children lived there even after marriage.
- Elizabeth, born c1622, England; married (1) John Sanders, c1640. John died c1643. (2) John Kitchen, by 1645
- Thomas, born c1624, England
- Priscilla, born c1626, England; died November 1717, Nantucket, Nantucket, Massachusetts; married John Gardner, by 1654. John died in 1706, also in Nantucket.
- Bethia, born c1632, probably in England
- Joseph, born 24 February 1636, Salem, Essex, Massachusetts; died February 1670. Barbados; married (1) Hannah Hobart (2) Elizabeth Browne
- John, born 28 April 1639. Salem, Essex, Massachusetts; died 24 November 1715, Salem, Essex, Massachusetts; married Seeth Gardner, 1 December 1659, Salem, Essex, Massachusetts
- Nathaniel, born about 24 April 1642, Salem, Essex, Massachusetts; died 11 February 1670, Barbados; married Elizabeth Maverick
My line of descent is:
Joseph Grafton & Mary Moore
John Gardner & Priscilla Grafton
Ruth Gardner & James Coffin
Ruth Coffin & Cromwell Coffin
Eunice Coffin & Joseph Coleman
Joseph Coleman & Ruth Spur
Thomas Coleman & Mary Elizabeth Astle
William Coleman & Sarah Moriah Crouse
Hartwell Thomas Coleman & Anna Elisabeth Jensen
Hazel Ethel Coleman & Vernon Tarbox Adams
Doris Priscilla Adams & George Michael Sabo
Linda Anne Sabo Stufflebean – me!