Have you marked 27 February – 2 March 2019 yet on your calendar? If not, you should! RootsTech 2019 is just seven short months away and it will be here before we know it.
I am pleased to announce that I am serving as an official RootsTech Ambassador for a second year and I have to admit that I was so excited that I have actually not only booked my hotel stay, the air fare was so reasonable that my plane tickets are all set, too. 🙂
First, you need to bookmark RootsTech, the website, to keep up with the news. Even seven months out, there are a couple of important items on the website that you should read.
What’s New at RootsTech 2019?
1. Connect. Belong. will remain the theme for 2019. It is a great theme for this conference.
2. There will be no badge scanning in 2019, which will make it much easier to move from venue to venue in a timely manner.
3. Registration this year can be done either through your FamilySearch account or a RootsTech account.
4. General sessions will begin at 11:00 a.m. instead of 8:30 to allow attendees a chance to participate in breakout sessions and hands-on learning experiences.
5. The conference will again officially begin on Wednesday with class sessions and an Expo Hall preview night.
6. Check in has moved to a different area with twice as many hands to get you registered and on your way.
Four hotels located right by the convention center are already accepting reservations with a special RootsTech rate: Hilton Salt Lake City Center, Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek, The Salt Lake Plaza Hotel and Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown.
These hotels are always filled to capacity for RootsTech, so make your reservation early!
Last, but not least, RootsTech 2019 registration opens on 20 September 2019 – less than two months from now.
This is just a short summary of information to be found on the official RootsTech 2019 website. Check the website regularly as announcements are posted.
RootsTech 2019 is going to be fabulous!