I can’t believe that Empty Branches is already celebrating its 4th blogiversary, but it is January 16th, so I guess it is!
First, thank you to all of my readers and with a special shout out to all who have left comments. I appreciate the feedback and have made contact with a number of distant cousins, which was one of my main objectives when I began writing back in January 2014.
Last year, I shared some of my favorite posts that covered 2014, 2015 and 2016. This year, I’ll share the 2017 Top Ten, a combination of my favorite entries along with those that have the most views. Here they are, in no particular order:
- GeneaGems – Every so often, I find a great free resource that earns the GeneaGem label. They always have many visitor views, so I’ve created a link to the list of all the past GeneaGems.
- Memories of Little Sebago Lake, c1950s
- And Your Petitioners Shall Ever Pray: Legislative Petitions, Federal Legislative Petitions – Part One, Part Two and Part Three, and State Legislative Petitions, Part One, Part Two, all written by my friend, Nancy Maxwell, who is my first guest blogger. 🙂
- Brick Wall Cracked? Robert Nelson Stewart and Eliza Augusta Grass
- Lost Polly Now Found: Brick Wall Tumbling Down
- Blog Surfing Research Toolboxes AND Blog Surfing Research Toolboxes, Part 2 – Professional Sites
- My 50 Essentials series: 50 Essential Books for My Home Genealogy Library, 50 Essential Websites for My Genealogy Research AND 50 Essential Genealogy Tech Tools
- Top Ten Genealogy “Close Calls” – Heather Wilkinson Rojo wrote about her ancestors who had close calls, in terms of life events, and I loved this idea so I wrote my own list. This was a fun post.
- Too Many GeneaSoftware Programs! How to Choose? Part One AND Part Two
- More on DNA Results and Ethnicity
BONUS: I can’t leave out this one, as it was really fun visiting their ancestral homes! Walking in Their Footsteps: Joan Antrobus, Wife of Thomas Lawrence and John Tuttle
I guess I am now venturing into Year #5. Please come along for the ride. 🙂
6 thoughts on “Empty Branches Is 4 years Old Today!”
Happy blogiversary. Even when I don’t comment, I enjoy reading your insightful and interesting posts. Looking forward to your 2018 adventures in genealogy!
Congratulations, Linda. I think your blog is wonderful — in- depth articles about your ancestors and research, wonderful “tips” posts about where and how to research, plus your weekly Friday Finds. Here’s to many more years of great blogging!
Happy Blogiversary [distant] cousin! Keep up the good work!
Congratulations, Linda! May you have many more years writing about your families.
Thank you for all the blogiversary good wishes. I appreciate everyone who stops by to read my posts and, of course, love when a comment is left. I am looking forward to Year 5.