Another week has flown by and it is time for Randy Seaver’s Saturday Night Genealogy Fun. This week’s prompt asks “Where Were Your Ancestors 150 Years Ago?”
My ancestors living in 1866 are:
For my Slovak ancestors, they were all poor tenant farmers who didn’t own any land. No photos exist of their homes and the church register just describes their abode as #1, #2, etc.
I have no street addresses or house photos for any of my colonial American side, either, back in the 1860s.
My Great Grandparents:
8. Stefan Kucharik (1855-1933) was living at home with his parents in what is today Vysna Sebastova, Slovakia.
9. Maria Kacsenyak (1859-1926) was also living at home with her parents in Vysna Sebastova, Slovakia.
My Great Great Grandparents:
16. John Kucharik (1820-1893) was living in Vysna Sebastova, Slovakia. No house photo or address.
17. Maria Repka (1829-1896) was living in Vysna Sebastova, Slovakia.
18. Michael Kacsenyak (1834-after 1896) was living in Vysna Sebastova, Slovakia.
19. Anna Haluska (1832-after 1896) was living in Vysna Sebastova, Slovakia.
20. John Scerbak (1836-1916) was living in Udol, Slovakia.
21. Maria Patorai (1839-1912) was living in Udol, Slovakia.
22. John Murcko (1831-1917) was living in Hajtovka, Slovakia.
23. Maria Szova (1845-1925) was living in Hajtovka, Slovakia.
24. Calvin Segee Adams (1843-1921) was living in Calais, Washington, Maine. He was still unmarried and living at home in 1866. I don’t know the street address and the family moved several times later on.
25. Nellie F. Tarbox (1856-1927) was unmarried, living in Robbinston, Washington County, Maine. Her parents had a farm, but there was no street address. Robbinston was a small village, which today is part of the city of Calais.
26. Charles Augustus Stewart (1822-1894) was living in Meddybemps, Washington, Maine. He was a farmer and there was no street address. I do know where his land was, though.
27. Elida Ann Hicks (1833-1914) was living with husband Charles on the farm in Meddybemps.
28. William Coleman (1834-1905) was living in Robbinston, Washington, Maine on his farm.
20. Sarah Moriah Crouse (1833-1930) was living with husband William on their farm.
30. Frits Wille Oscar Emil Jensen ((1845-1920) was living in Saeby, Hjorring, Denmark with his mother and sisters. He was unmarried at the time and his father had died in April 1865.
31. Margrethe Bruun (1843-1890) was living with her mother and stepfather, brother and half siblings in Flade, Hjorring, Denmark.
My Great Great Great Grandparents:
46. Andrej Szova (c1810-1869) was living in Udol, Slovakia.
47. Maria Fengya (c1811- after 1869) was living with husband Andrej and their children in Udol, Slovakia.
48. Daniel Adams (1810-1893) was living in Calais, Washington, Maine.
49. Sarah Ann Parker (1817-1900) was living with husband Daniel and their children in Calais, Washington, Maine.
50. George Rogers Tarbox (1818-1895) was living with his children in Robbinston, Washington, Maine in 1866, having been widowed in March 1866.
52. John Stewart (1785-1869) was living in Aroostook County, Maine in 1866.
53. Catherine Carlisle (c1798-1888) was lviing with John and their family in Aroostook County, Maine.
55. Abigail Carlisle Hicks (1793-1871) was probably living in Meddybemps, Washington, Maine, with daughter Elida’s family in 1866. Husband Israel Hicks predeceased her in 1835.
56. Thomas Coleman (1800-1888) was living in Robbinston, Washington, Maine on his farm with his family.
57. Mary Elizabeth Astle (1811-1889) was living with husband Thomas in Robbinston, Washington, Maine.
59. Rebecca Jones Crouse Blyther (1809-1897) was living in Robbinston, Washington, Maine. Husband Peter Crouse predeceased her about 1835 and she then married Benjamin Blyther.
61. Johanne Elisabeth Molin Jensen (1814-1895) was living in Saeby, Hjorring, Denmark. Her husband, Johannes Jensen, died in April 1865.
63. Ane Amalie Christendatter Moller ((1823-after 1817) was living in Flade, Hjorring, Denmark. Her husband, Niels Thomsen Bruun, predeceased her about 1846 and she then married Jens Marinus Hansen.
My 4X Great Grandparents:
103, Mary Goddard Bucknam Scripture (1801-1879) lived in Glenburn, Penobscot, Maine on the family farm. Husband Oliver Scripture predeceased her in 1862.
126. Christen Andersen Moller (1793-1867) was living in Flade, Hjorring, Denmark.
To summarize, I have the following known ancestors living on 26 June 1866:
2 Great Grandparents
16 Great Great Grandparents
13 Great Great Great Grandparents
2 Great Great Great Great Grandparents
It is possible that I have a few more living in 1866 because I have no death/burial dates for most of my Slovak 3X and 4X great grandparents.