Here is a family photo from Dave’s tree that is almost 100 years old:
Oscar Elden Sturgell was the son of Abijah Houston Sturgell and Martha Susannah Alberty. He was born on 13 September 1893 in Barry County, Missouri. Ethel Anne was the daughter of Clayton Columbus Nation and was born on 28 April 1900 in Overton County, Tennessee. Oscar, or Ott as he was called, and Ethel married on 16 September 1915 in Anadarko, Caddo County, Oklahoma.
Although they eventually divorced and each remarried to others, they had seven children together, all born in Verden, Grady, Oklahoma:
1. Edna Irene, born 21 June 1916; died 8 September 1978, Palmdale, Los Angeles, California
2. Houston Clayton, born 8 June 1918; died 7 June 1975, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3. Ruby Jewel, born 10 July 1919; died 4 May 2013, Tucson, Pima, Arizona
4. Nadjamae, born 4 June 1922; died 10 September 2014, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5. Oscar Elden, born 11 September 1923; died 8 October 1972, Los Angeles, California
6. Richard Lee, born 29 April 1926; died 11 February 1987, Marietta, Cobb, Georgia
7. Elzie Dale, born 6 October 1927; died 5 December 2000, Carrollton, Dallas, Texas
Ott and Ethel lived to see the births of many grandchildren and even a few great grandchildren.
Are you related to the Sturgells? I know there are many distant cousins out there, but we’ve lost touch with a lot of them. We would like to reconnect.