Believe it or not, We have come to the last of the children of John Alberty & Susannah Douthit who married and left descendants.
Margaret Elnora Alberty was born on 28 November 1860 and, being only nine months old when her father died, couldn’t have had memory of him at all. She married Stephen Richard Abram/s (surname appears both ways multiple times, but seems to have settled down to Abram by the end of their lives), about 1878, but I have yet to find a record of their marriage.
Stephen Richard Abram/s was born on 9 February 1858, Indiana and died on 19 April1938 in Jasper County, Missouri, the son of John and Sarah (Irwin) Abrams.
Stephen and Margaret spent most of their married life in Newton County (aside from a short stay in Carroll County, AR) through the time of the 1900 census, making a living at farming. Some time before 1910, the family moved to Sarcoxie, Jasper County, Missouri, where they died and were buried at the Sarcoxie Cemetery.
Margaret predeceased Stephen, passing away on 23 December 1926. Stephen married (2) Mary (Marshall) Jobe, a widow, on 18 October 1928. She was born 30 August 1861, Indiana and died on 30 March 1956. Mary was also in her senior years when they married; she and Stephen had no children together.
Stephen died of diabetes on 19 April 1938, Jasper County, Missouri.
Stephen and Margaret were the parents of twelve children, ten of whom lived to adulthood. Seven of those children have descendants today.
Children (All born Newton County, unless noted)
1. Lee Roy was born 25 July 1879; died 24 May 1942, Los Angeles, California. He married Martha Alice Yeoman, 30 January 1902, Jasper County, Missouri. Martha was born 13 March 1885 and died 10 January 1976. She married (2) William Carroll Medearis (her former brother-in-law. See Letha Jane, below) . Roy and Martha were the parents of five children: Ima Mae, Ada Drucilla, Cecil Lee, Richard Walter and George Leroy.
2. George Washington, born 13 February 1881; died 8 November 1883; buried Newton County, Missouri
3. Ocia Arilla was born 13 October 1882; died 26 May 1969 and married Richard Clay Boyd, c1918. He was born 8 August 1865 and died 21 November 1957 in Joplin, Jasper, Missouri. They were the parents of two sons, Richard Abram and William Clay.
4. Cora Anna was born 29 April 1884 and died on 30 May 1956, Barry County, Missouri. She married James “Kirk” Douthit, 18 October 1905, Newton County, Missouri. Kirk was born 21 February 1884 in Newton County and died on 15 May 1964 in Barry County, Missouri. They were the parents of ten children: Albert James, Veda O., Beulah Beatrice, Franklin Richard, Opal Mae, Ruby Anna, Georgia Ruth, Marjorie Elizabeth, Violet Louise, and Mona Jean.
5. Letha Jane was born on 22 February 1886 and died 10 September 1943, Vernon County, Missouri. She married William Carroll Medearis, 19 December 1925, Jasper County, Missouri. He was born 25 September 1887, Indiana and died 30 August 1966, Vernon County, Missouri. They had no children.
6. William Richard was born on 12 March 1887 and died on 4 December 1916, Jasper County, Missouri, in a hunting accident. He married Estella Edwards, c1909. They had one daughter, Lillian, Nadine, born 1910, but who died of a fever on 7 July 1916, Jasper County, Missouri. She married (2) Andrew Brasher, 22 August 1918, Jasper County, Missouri. William and Estelle had no other known children, so he has no descendants today.
7. John Elmer was born on 15 September 1890, while the family was living in Carroll County, Arkansas. He is the only child at home in 1900 with an Arkansas birthplace. He died on 8 June 1963, Jasper County, Missouri. John married Eva Ann Stroup, 4 April 1917, Jasper County, Missouri. She was born 28 July 1892 and died on 5 July 1990, a few weeks short of her 98th birthday. They were the parents of three children: Bernice Elnora, Joyce Nadine and James Elmer.
8. Eliza Arminta was born on 17 March 1892 and died on 30 November l969 in Delaware County, Oklahoma. She married (1) Charles Ernest Palmer, 28 February 1912, Jasper County, Missouri. He was bon 3 December 1891 and died 5 December 1964, Shoshone County, Idaho. (2) Harry A. English, 4 March 1959, Jasper County, Missouri. Eliza and Charley were the parents of one son, Laverne.
9. Claude Andrew was born on 15 June 1895 and died 29 October 1973, Jasper County, Missouri. He married Hazel A. Hout, 20 October 1917, Jasper County, Missouri. She was born 17 March 1898 and died in October 1982. They were the parents of six children: Lloyd Ronald, Doris Marie, Elizabeth Lucile, Lorene Jane, Max Lee and Wilbert Jasper.
10. Hattie May was born in 1899 and died in 1959. She married Raymond Estel Riddle, 5 April 1924, Jasper County, Missouri. He was born 5 October 1900, Barry County, MIssouri and died 2 November 1964, Tulsa, Oklahoma. However, by 1935, they were divorced and Ray married (2) Anna Lucretia McClanahan, 21 December 1935, Tulsa, Oklahoma. Hattie had no children.
11. Freda Opal was born 26 March 1903 and died 16 January 1987, Jasper County, Missouri. She married Ivan Paul Wilson, 17 October 1921, Newton County, Missouri.He was born 16 April 1903 and died 3 December 1976, Jasper County, Missouri. They were the parents of six children: Robert Richard, James Paul, Joan Velma, Opal Leah, Donald Ray and Wanda Kay.
12. Julia, born c1905; died between the 1910 and 1920 censuses.
After many “begats,” we have now covered all of the grandchildren of John and Susannah (Douthit) Alberty and they have many descendants today.
I would love to share more family information, photos and other documents with descendants, so if you are one of them, please get in touch. 🙂