Today, we’ll begin looking at John Stufflebean’s children with his second wife, Matilda Peavler.
Mary Docia, their eldest child, was born 24 August 1855 in Linn County, Missouri. She died on 31 January 1912, also in Linn County, of several different conditions that contributed to her death – la grippe (flu), pneumonia, apoplexy and organic heart trouble.
Mary Docia had been in failing health for the previous year, but was only 56 years old when she passed away.
Mary Docia Stufflebean married Charles Hannon on 26 January 1874 in Linn County, Missouri, a few months after her 18th birthday.
Unlike several of her siblings, Charles and Mary Docia continued to make Linn County their home, raising their only surviving child of three, daughter Nancy Catherine, born 19 August 1886.
Charles was a blacksmith and quite a bit older than Mary Docia. He was born 23 April 1832 in Canada. He died in Linn County on 11 June 1906.
1. Nancy Catherine, born 19 August 1886; died 14 May 1972; married Olean (Ollie) Chester Hall, 17 October 1900. Ollie was born 1882 and survived Nannie, as she was known, by 5 years, passing away on 31 March 1977.
By 1910, Ollie and Nannie were the parents of four children – Mabel, Walter, Estelle and Edna. Nannie’s mother, Mary, lived with them.
By 1920, the Halls had moved to Butler County, Kansas and were living with Ollie’s parents. His occupation was teamster. There were also three more Hall children – Donald, Carlos and Olean Jr.
In 1940, the family was living in Wichita, Sedgwick, Kansas and they remained in Wichita.
Olean Chester Hall and Nancy Catherine Hannon are both buried at Old Mission Cemetery.
1. Mabel Bernice, born 1903, Missouri; at home in 1920, no further record
2. Walter Sidney, born 24 June 1905, Missouri; died July 1979, Neosho County, Kansas; married Velma Fern (MNU).
3. Estelle, born 9 June 1908, Missouri; died 18 February 2001; married Harry M. Hammer
4. Edna, born 29 September 1909, Missouri; died 23 August 1998; married (1) Harold Waybright, c1909 (2) Joseph F. Hampton, before 1920
5. Donald Raymond, born 24 September 1911, Missouri; died 18 April 1985, Pawnee County, Kansas; married Oleta Irene Blackmore.
6. Carlos Doyle, born 3 May 1913, Missouri; died 8 October 1985, Sedgwick County, Kansas. He went by Carl and, like his parents, is buried at Old Mission Cemetery. He was unmarried in 1940 and he doesn’t share a gravestone with anyone else.
7. Olean Loland “George”, born 21 September 1918, Kansas; died 1 September 1987, Sedgwick County, Kansas; married Emolyne M. (MNU).
If you are descended from Olean Chester Hall and Nancy Catherine Hannon, only surviving child of Mary Docia and Charles Hannon, then you are a Stufflebean cousin. Please leave a comment. 🙂