This family is part of my one-place study of St. Dimitry’s Greek Catholic (today Byzantine Catholic) Church parish, serving Udol and Hajtovka, Slovakia, covering the years 1827-about 1920. I will be sharing family records, roughly once a week, until all families in the parish are posted. Be aware that ages at marriage and death frequently don’t match baptismal records, when found. If you have ancestors who lived in these two villages and would like to receive an invitation to a shared Dropbox folder, please leave a comment and I will contact you.
OSIFCSIN, OSZIFTSIN, OSZIPHCSIN, OSZIPHOV, OSZIF
Osifcsin, Adam & Anna Techrik, Ujak, GC, GC Image 15
- Peter, bp 4 April 1830
Osifcsin, Andrew & Maria Fabian (c1785-buried 5 February 1845), Ujak, GC, GC
Maria, born c1785; was buried 5 February 1845, aged 60 years.
- Anna, born c1818, married John Fedorko, born c1814, son of Andrew Fedorko & Maria Adam, 21 November 1839
- Maria, born c1823, married Peter Oniferous, born c1819, son of Uknown & Maria Petrus, 25 November 1844
- Andrew, born c1826; buried 7 November 1831
- Helen, bp 8 January 1830
Osifcsin, Andrew, Ujak, born c1775, buried 13 November 1835, aged 60 years
Osifcsin, Catherine, Ujak, born c1810, buried 24 August 1845, aged 35 years
Osziph, Helen, daughter of John, Ujak, born c1830, buried 15 March 1835, aged 5 years
Osifcsin, Helen, Ujak, born c1825, buried 29 July 1847, aged 22 years
Osifscin, John & Anna Petrik (1784-21 November 1869), Ujak, GC, GC
Anna Osifcsin, widow, born Petrik died 21 November, buried 23 November 1869, aged 85 years.
- John, born c1820, married Helen Bisz, born c1824, daughter of John Bisz & Helen Hnat, 24 November 1845
- Anna, bp 1 January 1832
Osifcsin, John & Maria Lazor, Ujak, GC, GC
- Michael, bp 27 August 1833; buried 29 September 1833, aged 3 months
- Julianna, bp 9 June 1836
Osifcsin, John (c1820-12 August 1873), son of John Osifcsin & Anna Petrik & (1) Helen Bisz, born c1824, daughter of John Bisz & Helen Hnat, married 24 November 1845, Ujak, GC, GC
Osifcsin, John (c1820-12 August 1873), widower & (2) Anna Knap (c1824-26 November 1869, daughter of George Knap, married 19 November 1849, Ujak 77, GC
Anna, wife of John, born Knap, died 26 November, buried 29 November 1869, aged 40 years. John, 47, widow, likely married (2) Anna Lescisin, daughter of George Lescisin, 32, 20 January 1870, Ujak, GC, GC
Osifcsin, John (c1820-12 August 1873), widower & (3) Anna Lescisin (c1845-11 August 1873), daughter of George Lescisin, Ujak 67 & 96, GC, GC
No children at home in 1869, but they shared the home wit the family of Michael Osifcsin & Anna Csanda’s family. Anna, wife of John, born Lescisin, died 11 August, buried 11 August 1873, aged 38 years. John, died 12 August, buried 12 August 1873, aged 44 years. Both died during a cholera epidemic.
- John, born 29 September, bp 9 October 1870; died 2 January, buried 4 January 1871, aged 3 months
- Maria, born 9 December, bp 17 December 1871; married John Kundrat alias Arendacs, born 23 December, bp 27 December 1863, son of John Kundrat alias Arendacs & Susanna Leskopetra of Ujak 72, 10 February 1890
Osifcsin, John, born c1834, buried 21 October 1836, aged 2 years
Oszif, John, son of John, Ujak, born c1835, buried 4 July 1847, aged 12 years
Osifcsin, Joseph (c1830-15 February 1888) & Susanna Fabian (c1835-29 December 1891), married 25 November 1860, Ujak 76, 82 & 94, GC, GC
They lived at Ujak 94 with five other families – John Szuchanovszki & Maria Huszar, Andrew Kundrat & Maria Kundrat, John Kustitsin & Anna Lesko, Andrew Moticska & Maria Miklus and Miklus Szemanitsak and Maria Szoroka. Joseph died 15 February, buried 17 February 1888, agd 60 years. Susanna, wife of Joseph, born Fabian, died 29 December, buried 31 December 1891, aged 65 years.
- Joseph, born 20 March, bp 24 March 1863
Osifcsin, Maria, wife of Adam, born Petrik, orphan, born c1841, died 4 August, buried 4 August 1873, aged 32 years
Osifcsin, Maria, widow of John, born Mucha, born c1812, died 26 March, buried 28 March 1890, aged 78 years
Osifcsin, Michael, son of Andrew, Ujak, born c1805, buried 4 April 1825, aged 20 years
Osifcsin, Michael (c1828-9 May 1878) & Anna Csanda (c1835-24 March 1894), married 16 February 1860, Ujak 56, 67, 78, 90 & 97, GC, GC
They shared a home with John Osifcsin & Anna Lescsisin in 1869 at Ujak 97. Michael died 9 May, buried 11 May 1878, aged 50 years. Anna, widow of Michael, born Csanda, died 24 March, buried 26 March 1894, aged 70 years.
- Julianna, born 7 August, bp 10 August 1860; died 12 August, buried 12 August 1873, aged 13 years
- Michael, born 24 August, bp 27 August 1866; married Susanna Zavacky, born 3 September, bp 13 September 1864, daughter of John Zavacky & Maria Kolyar, 20 May 1888
Osifcsin, Michael (24 August 1866-1895+), son of Michael Osifcsin & Anna Csanda & Susanna Zavacky (3 September 1866-17 September 1918), daughter of John Zavacky & Maria Kolyar, married 20 May 1888, Ujak 90, GC, GC
Susanna, wife of Michael, died 17 September, buried 19 September 1918, aged 55 years.
- Helen, born 30 September, bp 30 September 1895, emigrated to New York
- Michael, born 23 January, bp 30 January 1902, St. Francis of Assisi Roman Catholic Church, Mildred, Pennsylvania [recorded in Udol church book]
- John, born 11 February, bp 12 February 1903, St. Francis of Assisi Roman Catholic Church, Mildred, Pennsylvania [recorded in Udol church book]
- Joseph, born 4 March, bp 24 March 1905, St. Francis of Assisi Roman Catholic Church, Mildred, Pennsylvania [recorded in Udol church book]
Oszif, Susanna, daughter of John, Ujak, born c1844, buried 7 May 1845, aged 1 year
The surname of Osifcsin is found with many spellings – OSIFCSIN, OSZIFTSIN, OSZIPHCSIN, OSZIPHOV, OSZIF – in the Udol church records. “Osif” is from the given name Joseph, while “csin” at the end seems to signify a younger generation until it became the actual surname.
Earlier and extended members of this family lived nearby in Maly Lipnik.
In America, the surname is most commonly found as OSIFCHIN.