I am sharing the will of William Morrison Sr., who died in Rowan County, North Carolina c1771 because one of his legatees is Robert King, about whom I would like to know much more.
Children of William Morrison & wife (Marriage records all from Rowan County, NC):
- Hugh, no marriage found and died after ihs father’s will was written in 1771.
- Andrew, married (1) Elizabeth Sloan, 26 March 1766 (2) Elizabeth Potts, 18 February 1768
- William, married (1) Martha Miller, 19 February 1767 (2) Elizabeth Mordoch (Murdock?), 9 January 1769. Per DAR Patriot Index, William was born c1740, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
- Patrick, married Ann Foster, 9 August 1768
- Margaret, married George Ervin/Irwin
- Rebecca, married Samuel Harris, per DAR Patriot Index – Samuel was born c1735, Bladen County, North Carolina.
- Mary, married Robert King, before 1771. Robert King died c1806, Sumner County, Tennessee.
- Martha, married John Foster, 20 March 1768
Will of William Morrison Senr.
Rowan County, North Carolina Will Book A:105-106
In the Name of God Amen. I William Morison senr of the County of Roan & province of North Carolina being sick and weak in Body but of perfect Mind and Memory. Therefore calling to Mind the Mortality of my body and that is is appointed for all men to die and
after that ye Judgment, I therefore constitute and ordain this to be
my last Will & Testament that is to say principally & first of all I
recommend my Soul into the Hands of God who gave it and my Body
to the Earth to be buried in christian Burial at the Discretion of my
Executors, nothing doubting but I shall receive the same again at
the last Day by the might & power of God.
Itim I give demise (sic) & bequeth to Hugh my dear & loving
Son one hundred & fifty pounds current money of North Carolina & one Bed and Furniture which I alow my Executors to give him as they see his Need requires.
Itim I likewise give demise & bequeth to my loving Son Hugh aforsaid three Horses and a Mare and her followers.
My Will and Pleasure is that if there be a necessity for taking out a New Deed for that plantation I Sold Andrew Miller that must be done by my Executors and at the Expense of my Estate.
Itim, I give demise and bequeth the Remainder of my Estate not yet bequethed to be equally divided amongst my children (viz: Andrew, William and Patrick, George Ervin, Samuel Harris Robert King and John Foster.
Itim I constitute appoint and ordain my three Sons (viz) Andrew William & Patrick to be Executors of this my last Will and Testament hereby revoking and disanuling all other Executors Ligacies and bequests & ordaining this & no other to be my last Will & Testament.
In Witness hereof I have hereunto set my Hand & Seal this 18th Day of July one thousand seven hundred & Seventy one. —
Signed sealed published
pronounced & declared
in presence of us
A notation at the top of the will says Aug. Ct. 1771, so William Morrison did not live long after writing his will.
If you can add any information about Robert King, who married one of William’s daughters, I would love to hear from you.