Virginia Rachel Bandy was the sixth child and fourth daughter born to George and Celia (Sanders) Bandy on 20 October 1837, Gallia County, Ohio. She died on 28 April 1920, Pike County, Ohio.
Virginia married George Henry Buchanan on 1 March 1864, Jackson County, Ohio. George was born 4 December 1841, back in Botetourt County, Virginia, former home of the Bandy clan. Therefore, it seems likely that the two families had known each other for quite some time. George died on 12 February 1927 in Columbus, Franklin, Ohio.
George and Virginia, or Rachel as she sometimes used, were the parents of eight children of who six were living in 1900. The remaining two children have not been identified.
- William Emerson, born 31 March 1866; died 9 February 1935, Columbus, Franklin, Ohio; married Mary Aberts/Ebberts, c1889. They were the parents of three children – Walter Edward, Emma Lee and William Harry.
- Charles O., born c1867; died after 1920, probably Pike County, Ohio; unmarried. No known descendants.
- John Curtis, born 9 March 1869; died 7 June 1943, Pike County, Ohio; unmarried and lived with parents/brother Charles. No known descendants.
- Chesley W., born c1871; married Elma McDaniel, 7 December 1891, Pike County, Ohio. However, Chesley is back at home in 1900, listed as single. No further record. No known descendants, but there could possibly be some.
- George Newton, born 5 August 1874; died 28 August 1953, Clark County, Ohio; married Mollie (Ransom) Huffman, 3 June 1908, Clark County, Ohio. She married (1) Oscar Huffman and they had two children. However, George and Mollie had no children together. No known descendants.
- Ina Delia, born February 1881; died 1962; married Russell Forest Anderson, c1908. Russell was born 4 March 1884; died 1933, probably Pike County, Ohio. They were the parents of five children – Mary Ethel, George Meredith, Carl Marion, Ruth Evangeline and Clarence Buchanan.