Hulda (Wedin) Edstrom
John Edstrom was born 27 August 1861 in Sweden and emigrated to the United States in 1882, according to the 1910 census of Otter Tail County, Minnesota, where he settled. Hulda Wedin, who John married in 1893, was born 25 June 1873 in Otter Tail County, Minnesota, the daughter of John and Erika Wedin, who were themselves immigrants from Sweden.
There were the parents of four children:
1. Eddie Oleander, born 11 June 1894; died 6 May 1976; married Ida Adeline Pearson, 8 October 1924, Otter Tail County, Minnesota. Ida was born 2 December 1902; died 22 October 1988. They were the parents of one daughter, Doreen Leora.
2. Hilma E., born 11 July 1895; died 29 October 1984, Berrien County, Michigan; married August Fred Ley. August was born 10 July 1895; died 27 June 1950, Waupaca County, Wisconsin. They were the parents of one daughter, Lounette.
3. Emily Caroline, born 13 October 1896; married (1) Mr. Lundeen, before 1930 when she was a widow back living with her parents, but no children. She was still at home with them in 1940. (2) Mr. Nygren, before 1964, when she is mentioned in her mother’s obituary. It appears she had no children, but remarried late in life.
4. Wilhelm Ferdinand, born 11 December 1898; died 30 December 1978, Minneapolis, Hennepin, Minnesota; unmarried.
5. Alvin Alexander, born 2 May 1901; died August 1969, Minneapolis, Hennepin, Minnesota; married Lillian Pauline Larson (1906-1972). They were the parents of 8 children, some of whom are still living, I think.
6. Minnie, born c1905/6; mentioned in her mother’s 1964 obituary as Minnie Edstrom. Apparently did not marry.
I am very happy to say that the beautiful photograph of Hulda (Wedin) Edstrom is going home to a great grandchild.