Next in my search for Stufflebean descendants is Daniel Boone Stufflebean, born 11 March 1849, the second child of John Stufflebean and his first wife, Gulielma Beals.
I’d say it goes without saying who this child was named for!
Daniel lived his entire life in Linn County, Missouri, as did a number of other Stufflebean family members.
He married Elizabeth Jane Logan on 1 November 1874 in Linn County. Elizabeth was born 25 July 1855, in Hancock County, Illinois, the daughter of Samuel and Margaret (Young) Logan.
Daniel worked as a farmer and day laborer, so it isn’t likely that the family had much extra money around. In 1900, he reported that he had been out of work for five months.
Daniel died 3 January 1917 at home in Garner, Linn County, Missouri. an obituary for him on Find A Grave states that he had been afflicted with paralysis for the previous eight years.
Elizabeth died on 19 July 1935, also in Linn County. Daniel and Elizabeth share a stone, but her death date has not been inscribed on it.
Two children – Ida and Mary – lived their entire lives in Linn County, Missouri. Edward, John and Harrison removed to the Portland, Oregon area, Lewis when to Keokuk, Iowa and Clarence settled in Vigo County, Indiana.
Children, all places Linn County, Missouri unless noted otherwise:
1. Ida Elvina, born 13 September 1875; died 3 June 1955; married William Henry Smith, 17 January 1895.
2. Mary Alice, born 17 February 1877; died 20 November 1918; married Willard Henry Stufflebean, 8 October1895.
3. Edward Monroe, born 7 February 1880; died 1 August 1962, Multnomah County, Oregon; married Armetia Cornelia Poole, 13 January 1919, Roane County, Tennessee. She married (1) Arnold Kindred.
4. Lewis Douglas, born 25 August 1884; died 29 March 1946, Lee County, Iowa; married (1) Blanch Hull, 1907, Hancock County, Illinois (2) (Ruth Renard) Stebinger, 11 July 1917, Lee County, Iowa
5. John Franklin, born 25 January 1887; died 10 May 1970, Multnomah County, Oregon; married Julia Della Blood, 31 August 1918.
6. Harrison Earl, born 8 January 1892; died 13 December 1970, Multnomah County, Oregon; unmarried.
7. Clarence Herman, born 22 February 1895; died 2 December 1960, Vigo County, Indiana; married Laura Ethel Ellis, 3 September 1919, Vigo County, Indiana
Because this family lived well into the 20th century, for privacy reasons, no further descendants will be identified. However, if you are related to this family, please leave a comment. 🙂