William Warner is another of my immigrant ancestors, having arrived from Boxted, Essex, England and settled in Ipswich, Essex, Massachusetts by 1635. Boxted is about 70 miles northeast of London, near Colchester.
William was born, probably in or near Boxted c1587 and died, probably in Ipswich, after 2 May 1638.
The name of William Warner’s wife is unknown, but she may have been a Baker and a sister of Sarah (Baker) (Lumpkin) Stone because Sarah divided her estate between Daniel and John Warner, sons of William Warner and Thomas Wells.
1. John, baptized 9 September 1612, Boxted, Essex, England; married Priscilla Symonds, c1641
2. Abigail, baptized 2 June 1614, Boxted, England: married Thomas Wells, c1636
3. Daniel, born c1616; married (1) Elizabeth Denne(?), c1640 (2) Faith (MNU), widow of Edward Brown, 1 July 1660, Ipswich, Essex, Massachusetts (3) Ellen Pell (Boynton) Jewett, widow of John Boynton and Maximilian Jewett, 1 June 1686, Ipswich, Essex, Massachusetts
Information gleaned about William Warner’s life in Massachusetts is mainly found in town records. He doesn’t appear in the Grantor Index for land deeds and no probate file has been found for his estate.
My line of descent:
1. William Warner & (?)
2. Abigail Warner & Thomas Wells
3. Elizabeth Wells & John Burnham
4. Thomas Burnham & Susannah
5. Hannah Burnham & Isaac Parsons
6. Hannah Parsons & John Haskell
7. Judith Haskell & William Tarbox
8. George Rogers Tarbox & Mary Elizabeth Scripture
9. Nellie F. Tarbox & Calvin Segee Adams
10. Charles Edwin Adams & Annie Maude Stuart
11. Vernon Tarbox Adams & Hazel Ethel Coleman
12. Doris Priscilla Adams & George Michael Sabo
13. Linda Anne Sabo Stufflebean – me!