I actually thought about Saturday Night Genealogy Fun on Saturday night, but being at RootsTech meant this post would be a couple of days late.
Randy Seaver at Genea-Musings issued one of my favorite kinds of challenges this week. It’s the Facebook Meme.
1) Using the Facebook “Learn About Each Other” meme that was passed around several years ago, answer the 32 questions as listed below. [Copy and paste the questions and answers below, and substitute your answers for my answers]
2) Tell us in a blog post of your own, in a comment to this blog post, in a status line on Facebook or a stream post on Google Plus. Be sure to leave a link to your post in Comments on this post.
Here are the 31 questions:
1. Who are you named after? My parents liked the song Linda, which was a big hit in the late 1940s.
2. Last time you cried? A few sniffles at the RootsTech screening of Gina’s Story: Searching for William Grimes, who was a runaway slave. The documentary was excellent.
3. Do you like your handwriting? I tend to print and I’m fine with it, but it’s nothing special.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat? I am not much of a meat eater.
5. Spicy or sweet? Sweet
6. Longest relationship? Spouse – 40 years
7. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes
8. Would you bungee jump? Not if my life depended on it!
9. What is your favorite kind of cereal? Frosted mini-wheats (original) with cold milk
10. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Yes. I wear walking shoes most of the time and they won’t come off unless I untie the shoelaces.
11. Do you think you’re strong? I’ve been told I’m quite fit for my age, so yes, but I know my limits.
12. Favorite ice cream? Blue Bell coffee, without a doubt.
13. What is the first thing you notice about a person? His/her face and friendliness.
14. Football or baseball? Neither. If I had to pick a favorite sport to watch, it would be women’s gymnastics.
15. What color pants are you wearing? It’s in the mid-70s today, so beige shorts.
16. Last thing you ate? Fruit with plain Greek yogurt and a few pecans sprinkled on to.
17. What are you listening to? My husband has the Tucson Cologuard golf tournament on.
18. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Something jewel-toned, like turquoise, teal or purple
19. What is your Favorite Smell? Anything in a bakery
20. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? The idiot who answered the phone to send the hotel shuttle to the airport
21. Are you married? Yes, 40th anniversary this year.
22. Hair color? Brown with auburn tones
23. Eye color? Blue
24. Favorite foods to eat? Pasta, although I limit the carbs nowadays.
25. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings.
26. Last movie you watched? Gina’s Journey: The Search for William Grimes (See link in question #2.)
27.What color shirt are you wearing? Beige and white with sparkly gold decoration
28. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
29. Beer or Wine? Neither – iced tea
30. Night owl or morning person? Always a morning person. If I get up at 6:30, I’ve slept in!
31. Favorite day of the week? All now that I am retired and I can feed my genealogy addition 7 days per week.
Thank you, Randy. I loved the questions. More memes, please!