James Herman Stufflebean was the third child of John Henry Stufflebean and his first wife, Mary Elizabeth Hollen. He was born on 2 August 1890 in Linn County, Missouri. Uncle Jim died on 27 May 1955 in Noble, Cleveland, Oklahoma. He married Anna Bella Riggs on 19 December 1908, also in Noble. She was born 10 March 1893 in Fannin County, Texas and died on 12 March 1976 in Pauls Valley, Garvin, Oklahoma.
James Herman Stufflebean, Standing Far Left
Jim and Anna Belle were the parents of five children:
- Noble Richard, born 7 September 1910, Noble, Cleveland, Oklahoma; died 23 February 1997, Wynnewood, Garvin, Oklahoma. He married (1) Anna Miami Denson on 29 September 1932 and apparently married (2) Imogene. Miami was born in 1909 and died in 1983. Noble had two children, but I don’t know if there are any grandchildren.
- Loretta May, born 6 July 1912; died 22 July 1987 in Pauls Valley, Garvin, Oklahoma. She married Edward Franklin Craig about 1938. He was born in 1911 and died in 2001. They had at least two children. Their first child, Anna Lou, was born 18 October 1938 and died 31 March 2008. She married Leroy Ivan Kearby (1931-1985).
- Nathan Otis, born 14 May 1916; died 19 June 1992, Pauls Valley, Garvin, Oklahoma. He married Wilma M. Bell sometime after 1940. She was born in 1917 and died in 2007. I don’t know if they had any children.
- Denver Ralph, born 20 January 1918; died 18 May 2000, Pauls Valley, Garvin, Oklahoma. Ralph married Lois Irene Rochelle after 1940. She was born in 1919; died in 2001. I don’t know if they had any children.
- Eunice Roberta, born 10 November 1919; died 21 June 2005, Pauls Valley, Garvin, Oklahoma. She married Carnez James Helvey about 1938. They had at least one child.
As you might have figured out by now, I know very little about the descendants of this branch of the family. I do know that they were involved in the operation of the Stufflebean Funeral Home, later the Stufflebean-Coffey Funeral Home in Pauls Valley, Oklahoma.
If you recognize any of these people or are descended from Jim and Anna Belle Riggs Stufflebean, please contact me.