If you have been following the Williams’ posts for the last few days, then you’ve learned a lot about the children and grandchildren of Roger and Cassie Ann (Blair) Williams. Here are their grandchildren through their five youngest children.
6. Elizabeth was born 4 March 1786, Virginia; died 27 January 1854, Lafayette County, Missouri; married Thomas F. Creasey, 7 August 1804, Bedford County, Virginia. Thomas was born c1780; died before 4 December 1843, Lafayette County, Missouri. The Creaseys were apparently fairly well to do. Thomas’s estate included 19 slaves and Elizabeth’s estate was valued over $1700 in 1854. Elizabeth was in Lafayette County in 1850, heading a household with Larusha Creasey, 17, born in Virginia and Martha Williams, 20, also born in Virginia. Neither was named as an heir. Paschal Gibbs stated that all of Thomas’s and Elizabeth’s heirs resided in Lafayette County, Missouri at the time of their deaths. If this couple had other children, they apparently died young without issue.
- Roger W(illiams?), born c1807, probably Virginia; died June 1837, Bedford County, Virginia; in February 1854, Paschal Gibbs was named guardian of his minor children in Lafayette County, Missouri; married Susanna G. Wade, daughter of Archibald Wade, 2 December 1833, Bedford County, Virginia; Roger was surety at the marriage of Nancy Hudnall and Thomas Weeks in 1829.
- ?Susanna, born c1809; died probably by January 1837; married Gustavus Burton, 12 January 1830, Bedford County, Virginia. Charles Williams was surety. He was perhaps her uncle. Susanna apparently died young, leaving no children, as she was not named as an heir of her parents, nor were any Burton children. Gustavus married (2) Avaline Wade, daughter of Alexander Wade, 23 January 1837, Bedford County, Virginia.
- Cassie Ann B(lair?), 19 January c1812; died 18 February 1877, Lafayette County, Missouri; married Paschal A. Gibbs, 2 December 1833, Bedford County, Virginia. Paschal was born 21 November 1807, Virginia; died 10 November 1883; buried Greenton Cemetery, Lafayette County, Missouri.
- Calista, 29 July 1805, Virginia; died 21 November 1872, Lafayette County, Missouri; married Jesse Roberts, 27 February 1832, Bedford County, Virginia. He was born April 1794, Virginia; died 26 July 1877, Lafayette County, Missouri. Jesse and Calista are found in Lafayette Co. in 1840 enumerated as 0000001-000001. They have boarders in 1850 and 1870, but no children.
7. William – died young and apparently had no children.
8. George W. was born 24 March 1791; died c1844, possibly Grundy County, Missouri, although no court records have been found and he has not been placed in the 1840 census; married Nancy A. Austin, 4 November 1826, Bedford County, Virginia. Nancy was born 1800-1810; the daughter of Thomas and Nancy North Austin; died before 1 April 1858. It is possible that George died in Virginia and never went to Missouri. There is a Nancy Williams, 1840 Bedford County, Virginia census (p. 245) who may be Nancy Austin Williams (100000-012001). Nancy’s heirs received her portion of her father’s estate in Bedford County, Virginia in 1858. In 1830, George’s family lived in Campbell County, Virginia. The December 1844 Chancery Court term shows Charles B. Williams was appointed guardian of infants Susan Catherine, Martha Elizabeth, Roger and George Williams, children of George Williams, deceased. Charles B. Williams accepted the guardianship at the March 1844 term of court in Missouri.
- Susan Catherine, born August 1827, Virginia; died after Theodore; married Theodore Penniston, 17 February 1848, perhaps in Daviess County, Missouri. He was born 6 May 1812, Jessamine County, Kentucky, the son of Robert P. and Nancy Nuttall Penniston; died 9 November 1892, Daviess County, Missouri.
- Martha Elizabeth, born 11 December 1829, Virginia; died 6 September 1900, Eddy County, New Mexico; married Charles A. Witt, 5 August 1852, Lafayette County, Missouri.
- Daughter, born 1831-1835, Virginia; died before March 1844, when Charles B. Williams was appointed guardian for her siblings.
- Roger, born 12 February 1836/7, Virginia; died 20 February 1915 (death certificate #4282); buried at Civil Bend Christian Cemetery, Daviess County, Missouri; married (1) Elvira Creasey, 7 April 1859, Daviess County, Missouri (2) Mrs. Martha C. Conner, 1 August 1878, Daviess County, Missouri. She was born 18 October 1840; died 16 February 1938. Roger apparently lived in Nebraska for a time, as son Blair was born there in 1861 along with daughter Laura in 1866.
- George, born 8 August 1841, VA; died 18 October 1931, Daviess County, Missouri; lived with Susan and Theodore Penniston in 1860; unmarried at that time, but married Frances Pernesia, c1886. She was born 13 January 1867; died 27 March 1902. Both are buried at Civil Bend Christian Cemetery, Daviess County, Missouri.
9. Martha was born 20 March 1793; died after 1880 census, probably Bedford County, Virginia; married Benjamin Witt, 27 December 1810, Bedford County, Virginia. Benjamin died before December 1843, probably Bedford County, Virginia, as the court ordered an inventory of his estate at that time. In 1870, Catherine Creasey, 17, lived with Martha in Otter Twp. as a domestic servant. In 1880, Patsey headed a household consisting of herself, grandchild Cassie Creasey, and another relative, illegible.
- Elizabeth, born c1812, Virginia; died after 1850. Apparently never married.
- Cassie Ann, born c1815, Virginia; died after 1880; married Matthew Creasey, 2 January 1836, Bedford County, Virginia. He was born c1810, Virginia; died 1870-1880.
- Elvirah F., born 18 September 1814-22, Virginia; died 31 May 1904, Virginia; married William M. Stevens, 28 October 1850, Bedford County, Virginia. She was named as the daughter of Martha. William was born 24 May 1823, Virginia; died 29 September 1879, Bedford County, Virginia.
- Martha Jane, born c1816, Virginia; died after 1850; married William Creasey, 19 January 1837, Bedford County, Virginia. William Creasey was the son of Pleasant and Elizabeth (Betsy) Newman Creasey. Pleasant and William Creasey are mentioned as father and son in a couple of lawsuits in Franklin County, Virginia in the 1840s. Pleasant deposed that William left Virginia in 1842, but had since died.
- William W., born c1816, Virginia; died 19 June 1889, Bedford County, Virginia of dropsy.
- Nancy, born 26 February between 1818-1822, Virginia; died 1 December 1895, Bedford County, Virginia; married Jacob Clinkenspeal/Clinkenbeard, 25 January 1840, Bedford County, Virginia. He was born c1822, Virginia, the son of John and Molly Clingenpeel; died 11 July 1895, Bedford County, Virginia.
- Thomas W., born c1820, Virginia; died after 1880; married Martha J. Wright, 20 January 1856, Bedford County, Virginia. She was born c1824, Virginia; died 4 May 1881, Bedford County, Virginia of unknown causes. Martha was the daughter of Price and Sarah (Hudnall) Wright.
- George W., born c1822, Virginia; died 13 October 1882, Bedford County, Virginia of fever, aged 60 years; married Margaret C. Wade, 14 December 1846, Bedford County, Virginia.
- Garnett Lee, born c1824, Virginia. In the 1860 Daviess County, Missouri census, G.L. Witt, 25, carpenter, born Virginia, was living with John Ballinger, hotel proprietor. By 1870, Garnett had removed to Smyth County, Virginia and then until 1910, lived in Roanoke. He likely died between 1910-1920.
- John Roger, born July 1825, Virginia; married Nancy Jane Christian.
- ?Benjamin, born c1826, Virginia; died after 1860; married Frances Roberts, daughter of Thomas Roberts, 12 July 1847, Bedford County, Virginia. Benjamin is not a proven son. However, he is of an age to be a son of Benjamin and Martha.
- ?Charles A.; born 8 Dec 1827, Bedford County, Virginia; married Martha E. Williams, 5 Aug 1852, Lafayette County, Missouri. He was of Boone County, Missouri according to the marriage license. Martha was born 7 December 1829; died 6 September 1900, Eddy County, New Mexico. She appears to be the daughter of George and Nancy (Austin) Williams, in the family above.
- Susanna D., born c1833, Virginia; died after 1880; married John M. Stevens, 11 October 1853, Bedford County, Virginia. He was born c1832, Virginia; died after 1900. Both probably died in Bedford County, Virginia.
10. Charles B. – apparently never had any children.
I have information on another couple of generations of Roger and Cassie Ann’s descendants. If you are related to this family, please leave a comment.