Like my other ancestors, William and Mary Lakin of Ruddington, England, William Bucknam and Sarah Knower have many descendants. This is the last of my double descent lines, at least that I’ve discovered so far, but this line has an interesting twist because my double descent is through their grandson, Joses (1641-1694), with one line from each of his two wives.
Here is how the line looks:
This is the last of my multiple descent lines so here are the same old generations, repeated for the last time:
6. Joses Bucknam = Abigail Hay
Joses is the ancestor under whom I joined the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution. He was a soldier captured by the British and sent to the notorious Old Mill Prison in Portsmouth, England, where he remained until June 1782. At one point, it was thought he had deserted, when in reality, he had been captured.
7. Oliver Scripture = Mary Goddard Bucknam
8. George Rogers Tarbox = Mary Elizabeth Scripture
9. Calvin Segee Adams = Nellie F. Tarbox
10. Charles E. Adams = Annie Maude Stuart
11. Vernon Tarbox Adams = Hazel Ethel Coleman
12. George Michael Sabo = Doris Priscilla Adams
13. Linda Anne Sabo – me!